- Hi Shauna, I was just going to send you a quick note before we leave for Maui on Monday and there you were in my inbox. I must admit that the last name fooled us for a minute. Our New Zealand and Australia adventure was nothing less than amazing. Thank you so much for pulling that trip together for us. When we saw some of the problems that other people had with their travel itineraries we really appreciated your planning skills and attention to detail. Aside from large tour numbers in New Zealand (49 people on the coach…due to combining portions of four tours together) Trafalgar did an excellent job. Our numbers were reduced to 21 for the Australia portion of the trip and that was perfect. Our Tour Directors in both countries were exceptional.
We saw, learned and did so many wonderful things that it’s hard to know where to start. You know that the trip was a success when each day appeared to be better than the last and after 30 jam packed days of touring we actually wanted more.
Spring in New Zealand was cool and very wet with snow flurries at the higher elevations which resulted in an extended trans-alpine train ride through the Southern Alps. The snow closed Arthurs pass and our coach had to take the long route to the west coast of the south island to pick us up. The heavy rain during our “be my guest lunch” at the Morelea sheep farm meant having a new born lamb warming by the fireplace next to our table…so there were positives that came from the bad weather. The rain didn’t deter us from hiking up to the Fox Glacier and taking a jet boat ride up the Haast River. Luckily the sun came out for our amazing cruise on Milford sound. The next day a slide closed the road to Milford Sound preventing any further tours from getting through. In spite of the weather we loved New Zealand. On a personal level, in Rotorua Bob was selected (railroaded) to represent our tour group as a chief at a Maori celebration…a very memorable experience…one best described without photos.
Australia was a much more physically active experience with lots of hiking and climbing both in the Outback and in Kakadu National park near Darwin. It was cloudy for our sunset viewing of Uluru but the champagne flowed freely adding the colour that the sun couldn’t provide. When we think of Alice Springs we will always remember our 4X4 Mercedes Bush Bus that took us off road into Palm Valley. We will also remember the “be my guest dinner” at the Earth Sanctuary where studied the stars of the Southern Hemisphere and where Alba became an “outback chef” making a desert bread damper in a bush oven. Served with a quondong berry jam it was simply delicious. From our river cruise in Kakadu we have included pictures of crocodiles and Jacama also known as Jesus birds because they appear to walk on water. After our visit to Cairns and the spectacular Great Barrier Reef we were sure that our trip would wind down in Sydney….that was until we fulfilled Alba’s goal to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! What an experience and what a grand finale…We will never forget it!
With all the other wonderful memories that we came home with, this brief description has just scratched the surface. We will have to get together when we return from Maui and tell you personally what a great trip this was for us and maybe talk about planning our next adventure. Hopefully we will have condensed and organized the photos that we took to give you a better sampling of highlight moments.
Once again thank you Shauna!
Alba and Bob
- Hi Laura, We must let you know what an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS TRIP we had – we have been on many, many tours and none have been as great as this one. The guides were outstanding and Daisy who meet us in Shanghai and was with us during the whole trip was absolutely outstanding. Do you have the email address of Tommy at China Star tours who I can drop a note too? We just want to thank you for all your help to make this tour our best ever. You have been a sweetheart and appreciated your patience in answering all our emails and phone calls and were always so happy on the phone to us. Great trip – would highly recommend this to everyone and have already done so.
Special thanks again and take care.
- This email is to advise you of the service I recieved the last time I booked with Angie at Travel Best Bets. I was in a bit of a panic trying to book a deal through Angie to Puerto Vallarta. She assisted me via email/telephone during my work day in between working and my breaks. She was knowledgable, courteous and precise. She located a discrepancy that I would have surely overlooked. The trip went as planned, and we were pleasantly surprised with a larger room with an oceanview. I have faith in Angie, who represents Travel Best Bets, therefore I have faith in and will recommend you to others.
Camy – Abbotsford, BC
- I have booked with Travel Best Bets for five years now, after thinking how great it would be to go on a cruise. Since 2007, I have booked by trips through them and worked with a wonderful Travel Agent. Her name is Yumi, since having her as my Travel Agent, she has made my trips easy, no fuss, or worry about anything. She always gets the best deals she can for me. I am so glad that I book through Best Bets, I’ve had nothing but good things to say about them. They are very professional and worry free. I strongly recommend booking with them and my agent Yumi, if you can. I will continue to book through them and my agent as long as I travel.
Steven W; Campbell River, BC
- Just want you to know what a great job Kay our travel agent has been doing. We all really, really appreciate how Kay got us up graded 7 levels from where we were to level C on the Lower Promenade deck. Don’t know how she managed that, but WOW! And she was able to get us cabins very near each other. That is also a real bonus. We really appreciate the hard work she has done on our behalf and I think you should know and reward her accordingly. Many, many thanks for the great job Kay has done, and if we ever travel again with Jubilee, we will certainly want Kay as our agent.
Vi, Edmonton, AB
- Shauna, It was ten years ago we asked for your help with planning the most important trip of our lives. With your help, or trip to Europe and marriage in Scotland was the most amazing trip we have ever been on. We are loyal people and enjoy working with you. We will continue to refer our friends and family as well as support you with our business for years to come.
Marcie – Abbotsford, BC
- My wife & I have used Jubilee Travel for our vacations for the last 20 years and are extremely happy with the excellent service we have received over the years. Our travel agent Shauna goes out of her way to find us the best deal and always takes the time to be sure our vacation spot is wheelchair accessible. Jubilee Travels Best Bets give you great vacation specials but if you don’t find something you like, just call their office and let them know your vacation plans and they will find a vacation that meets your needs at a great price. WeI would highly recommend Jubilee Travel for anyone planning a vacation, as you will always get first class service and great value for your vacation dollar.
Bob & Toshiko – Vancouver
- We have enjoyed every one of our trips with you! Beyond expectations! We raised 3 boys and didn’t travel until late 50s!! Looking forward to our next one!! Have a wonderful day!!
Gale & Chuck – North Vancouver, BC