Travel Best Bets Package Includes:
- Round trip airfare from Canada to Cape Town and return from Johannesburg to Canada
- 15 night guided vacation
- 15 nights accommodation as described in itinerary
- 15 meals (14 breakfasts, 1 lunch)
- Domestic flight from Port Elizabeth to Durban
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Ground transportation in private touring vehicles
- Local English speaking driver/guides.
- Tour Highlights: • Cape Peninsula & Winelands • Cape Town City • Garden Route • Encounter with Monkeys • Durban’s beaches and Indian market • UNESCO World Heritage Site – iSimangaliso Wetland Park • Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve safari • Multi-cultural experiences • Swaziland & Zululand • Panorama Route • Kruger National Park safari
- Small Group Experience Max 12, Min 6
Travel Best Bets Exclusive!
September 27, 2017
|Vancouver, Calgary||$4699-$4799 + $720 tax|
|Kelowna, Edmonton||$4999 + $720 tax|
|Edmonton||$5199 + $546 tax|
|Toronto||$4559 + $720 tax|
|Single Supplement||Add $1100|
Meals not indicated, gratuities, items of a personal nature, optional tours, entry visa fees (if applicable) and travel insurance
Sep 27,28: Depart Canada for Capetown
Sep 29: Arrive Cape Town
Arrival at Cape Town International Airport, transfer to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Overnight Southern Sun Waterfront Capetown or similar (4 nights)
Sep 30: Cape Town (B)
Morning at leisure. Afternoon Capetown City Tour – Explore South Africa’s ‘Mother City’ on this guided tour of historical and cultural sites of Cape Town. Pass by the impressive Castle of Good Hope and Cape Town City Hall. The tour stops at the beautiful St Georges Cathedral, passes through the lush Company Gardens and explores a cultural hub of Cape Town, the Bo-Kaap, also known as the Cape Malay Quarter.
Oct 1: Cape Town(B)
This morning you will be collected for your scheduled full day Cape Peninsula Tour – and awe-inspiring tour passing magnificent beaches, breath-taking views and historic & picturesque coastal villages to the towering headland known as Cape Point. We continue along to False Bay with a stop at historic Simon Town to visit the penguin colony. Visit Irstenbosch Botanical Gardens before returning to your hotel during the late afternoon.
Oct 2: Cape Town (B)
Today you embark on a scheduled full day Cape Winelands Tour. South Africa is known for it’s quality whites, reds, blends and bubbly. The tour heads to the country’s principal wine routes of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek – all of them with fascinating histories and their unique offerings. Stop along the way for wine tastings at prestigious estates. Return to Cape Town during the late afternoon.
Oct 3: Cape Town – Garden Route – Oudtshoorn (B)
Depart Cape Town and travel up the Garden Route. A popluar Oudtshoorn – the ‘feather capital’ of the world. Visit a working ostrich farm for a guided tour. Check into your accommodation in the late afternoon before enjoying dinner.
Overnight De Opstal Country Lodge or similar
Oct 4: Oudtshoorn – Plettenberg (B)
Enjoy a morning tour of the Cango Caves – one of the natural wonders of the world. Continue to the lagoon side town of Knysna – the gem of the Garden Route. Enjoy some time at leisure at the Knysna Waterfront before proceeding to The Crags near Plettenberg Bay. Embark on an informative cruise up the Keurbooms River before arriving at your lodge where you shall spend the following two nights. Freshen up before dinner at the lodge.
Overnight Hunter’s Country House or similar (2 nights)
Oct 5: Plettenberg Bay (B)
After breakfast, get up-close-and-personal with nature at Monkeyland. The world’s first free-roaming multi species primate sanctuary were you can view more then 550 different types of monkeys. Stroll through the 128-metre suspended Canopy walk before heading to Tsitsikamma National Park, it’s a favourite place of nature lovers. Enjoy a walk along the suspension bridge across the Storms River mouth gorge which offers visitors incredible views and photo opportunities. Return to the lodge.
Overnight Hunter’s Country House (standard suite) or similar
Oct 6: Plettenberg Bay – Port Elizabeth (B)
After breakfast and check-out formalities, travel to Port Elizabeth
Overnight Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth or similar
Oct 7: Port Elizabeth – Durban (B)
Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport for your morning flight to Durban (flight included).On arrival at Durban’s King Shaka International Airport, you will be transferred to your hotel which is located in the suburb of Morningside. Afternoon collection from your hotel for a city tour of Durban, where east meets west; a city beneath which beats the pulse of Africa. On the tour you will discover the cultural and historical contrasts of the city. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
Overnight Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani or similar
Oct 8: Durban – Zululand (B)
This morning you depart Durban and travel up the Elephant Coast of KwaZulu-Natal to St Lucia, located at the southern extremity of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park – a World Heritage Site. Here you embark on an estuarine boat trip which provides an opportunity to view crocodiles, hippo and numerous bird species, including the majestic African Fish Eagle, in their natural habitat. In the afternoon you will transfer to the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve for an afternoon of game viewing. The Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve covers a combined area of 90 000ha and it was here that the white rhino was saved from extinction. Continue to the hotel.
Overnight Jozini Tiger Lodge or similar (2 nights)
Oct 9: Zululand (B)
Enjoy a day at leisure
Oct 10: Zululand – Swaziland (B)
After breakfast, journey to the Royal Kingdom of Swaziland. This tiny mountainous kingdom is filled with bygone African traditions and culture and offers beautiful scenery and attractions such as game reserves and art & craft outlets to name a few.
Overnight Royal Swazi Sun or similar
Oct 11: Swaziland – Hazyview (B/L)
Today enjoy a showcase of the traditional Swazi culture followed by lunch at the Matsamo Cultural Village. See how the colourful Matsamo people tend their cattle, cultivate their crops, produce beautiful crafts and view their custom built ‘hive’ they live in.
Overnight Castlebridge Hollow or similar (2 nights)
Oct 12: Kruger National Park (B)
Early this morning you will depart on an open vehicle safari through the Kruger National Park. The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. At nearly 2 million hectares, the reserve is the flagship of South African National Parks and is home to an impressive number of flora and fauna. Return to your hotel in the afternoon and spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Oct 13: Hazyview – Johannesburg (B)
Continue to Johannesburg via the magnificent Panorama Route. The most spectacular stretch of the Panorama Route is the Blyde River Canyon. From many well-positioned vantage points one has a view of the 33 km long gorge, which starts at “Bourke’s Luck Potholes” and ends at the “Three Rondavels”. top at God’s Window and Mac Mac Falls. Continue to hotel.
Overnight at Peerless Mondior at Emperors Palace (Classic Room) or similar.
Oct 14: Johannesburg (B)
After breakfast, enjoy your day at leisure. Kindly take the complimentary shuttle from your hotel to the Airport for your onward flight.
Claire Newell’s African Safari photo
- Passport: A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit South Africa. The passport must be valid for a period of at least 6 months beyond the date of your expected departure from South Africa and must have at least two blank pages in the passport.
- Tourist Visa: Canadian Citizens do not require a Visa to enter South Africa.
- Health: Health requirements can change at any time The Public Health Agency of Canada strongly recommends that your travel plans include contacting a travel medicine clinic or physician six to eight weeks before departure. Based on your individual risk assessment, a health care professional can determine your need for immunizations and/or preventive medication and advise you on precautions to avoid disease. Travelers are reminded to ensure that their routine (childhood) immunizations (e.g., tetanus, diphtheria, polio, and measles) are up to date. As of 1 October 2011, all travellers arriving from yellow fever risk countries are required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination (unless in possession of a valid waiver certificate).
- Tipping is not obligated by visitors yet it is still an expected custom. All visitors are urged to tip their staff and guides. Tipping amounts are entirely up to the guest to decide, however, a few guidelines have been listed below:
Transfer Drivers should be tipped US$2.00 per person. Tour Drivers and Guides outside of the camp and game lodge should be tipped US$5.00 per person for a half day, and US$10.00 per person for a full day tour. Hotel staff should be tipped between US$1.00 and US$2.00 per guest per day. Porters should be given US$1.00 per person on departure and arrival. When eating at Restaurants, 10% of you meal bill is recommended for the tip.
It is important to remember that the amount listed above is only an average, and should you deem your service to be above or below that worth, feel free to adjust your tip accordingly.
Call for details: 1-877-523-7823REQUEST A QUOTE