Casablanca to Marrakesh on a National Geographic Journey
From the highest dunes in Morocco, peer across the sands to watch the sun rise over another North African day. Experience some of the country’s most unforgettable highlights over nine days of culture and nature. Discover the fresh cedar forests of the Atlas Mountains, meander the winding lanes of old Marrakech, explore the Fes medina with a local guide, and ride into the desert on a 4×4. Meet musicians, Berbers, and artisans and soak up the exotic beauty of Morocco.
Travel Best Bets Package Includes:
- International flights
- 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners (Allow USD255-335 for meals not included)
- 8 nights hotel accommodations
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities by Private air-con minivan/coach, 4×4 vehicle, walking
- Guided city tour of Meknes including the ancient granaries and stables of Moulay Ismail and Bab Mansour
- Guided visit to Volubilis
- Guided walking tour of the Fes medina including Medersa Bou Inanya and tanneries
- Sahara 4×4 dunes excursion
- Meet Gnaoua musicians and enjoy a performance
- Visit Taourirt Kasbah and Aït Ben Haddou
- Marrakech cooking class and market visit
- Interesting articles, helpful tips, and photography advice from National Geographic before you depart
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- Small group experience; Max 12, avg 10
Travel Best Bets Exclusive!
|Vancouver||$2499 + $635 tax|
|Calgary||$2799 + $592 tax|
|Toronto||$2699 + $585 tax|
Per person based on shared accommodation
My own room add $639
Day 1: Casablanca
Day 2: Casablanca/Fès (B)
Day 3: Fès (B/L)
Day 4: Fès/Merzouga (B/D)
Day 5: Merzouga/Tinghir (B/D)
Explore the Sahara on a thrilling 4×4 dunes tour. Visit the village of Khamliya where you will meet Gnaoua musicians and learn about the history of their music in the Sahara before enjoying a performance. Depart back through the desert and visit local Nomads to learn about nomadic life and share in some mint tea in one of their homes. Return to our Auberge then transfer to Tineghir for the evening.
Day 6: Tinghir/Ouarzazate (B)
Visit Dades Valley then continue along the “Route of 1,000 Kasbahs” with an included visit to Kasbah Taourit. Opt to visit a Berber herbalist in Ouarzazate.
Day 7: Ouarzazate/Marrakech (B)
Visit Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage site, then continue to Marrakech. Take some free time to wander this incredible city. Opt to take a historical tour, visit the Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, or wander the souks and shops.
Day 8: Marrakech (B/L)
Take the morning to explore Marrakech. After, visit a historic riad for a hands-on cooking class from a master Moroccan chef, and enjoy the lunch that you have prepared.
Day 9: Marrakech (B)
Depart at any time.
Call for details: 1-877-523-7823REQUEST A QUOTE