The Ultimate Arctic Adventure
Enjoy the allure that is Churchill in the summertime, with amazing day trips further north to see the beautiful Polar Bears that have made this town so famous!
Travel Best Bets Package Includes
- Airfare Winnipeg-Churchill-Winnipeg
- Four nights accommodations at the Lazy Bear Lodge with breakfast
- Two nights accommodation Winnipeg with breakfast
- A 4-6 hour tour of the Hudson Bay/Seal River and/or other river estuaries and islands in search of beluga whales, polar bears and other Arctic wildlife.
- One dinner entree of your choice from the Lazy Bear Cafe menu (vegetarian substitute available)
- A three-hour boat tour to see our friendly beluga whales and the Prince of Whales Fort
- A three-hour Cultural and Heritage Tour of the Churchill area, including Historic Cape Merry and the Polar Bear Jail
- Naturalist tour guide/driver
- Information pamphlet on the Polar Bear Capital of the world
- Shuttle Service from/to Airport/Train Station upon Arrival/Departure
- Luggage Handling
- All Transfers to tour launch/dock sites
|August 12, 24, 27|
|Winnipeg||$4199 + $408 tax|
|Single Supplement||+ $650|
Connecting air available at an additional cost please inquire about rates from your home city!
Not Included: Gratuities (approx $10 per day additional)
Summer in Churchill is the perfect time to enjoy the roughly 60,000 beluga whales that descend on the Hudson Bay each year. In fact, summer is when the wildlife action is hottest with bears leaving the pan ice that covers most of the Hudson Bay during the winter and finding places to hunt along the shore.
Your guide will take you to places that offer the best opportunities to see polar bears, beluga whales and wildlife you can’t experience anywhere else in the world. You’ll spend time on the Churchill River and a jet boat will take you to the Seal River Estuary, one of the more remote polar bear viewing areas on the west side of the Hudson Bay. You might even see polar bears actively hunting their prey on this wild adventure.
When you book an Ultimate Arctic Summer Adventure, you will spend four nights at the hand-crafted Lazy Bear Lodge with five days to explore the natural beauty of Churchill. You’ll visit the historic stone Prince of Wales Fort, built in the 1700s, see the polar bear jail that houses polar bears that get a little too brave, and go on a Cultural and Heritage Tour that takes you to Cape Merry and the historic sites that made Churchill, Manitoba, the town it is today.
This trip also includes a two-night stay in Winnipeg, pre and post Churchill, with the opportunity to visit the renowned Manitoba Museum, the vibrant Exchange District, the city’s beautiful parks and its impressive Legislative Building.
Due to weather considerations if this tour is “weathered out” we reserve the right to replace this tour with a tundra bus tour. Other tundra wildlife attractions include a variety of birds, wild flowers, seals, Arctic hare, Arctic foxes and the northern lights.
Call for details: 1-877-523-7823REQUEST A QUOTE