Grizzly bears, spectacular rock formations, thunderous waterfalls and the tranquil emerald waters of glacial lakes – take in the best of the Rocky Mountains in this in-depth exploration.
Travel Bets Bets Package Includes
- Roundtrip Airfare from home city to Calgary
- 6 night guided vacation coach tour
- 4 and 5 star Accommodations
- 9 meals: Breakfast daily, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing: Banff National Park, Columbia Icefields, Jasper National Park, Lake Louise, Yoho National Park, Calgary (detailed highlights below)
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your trip to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
- Complimentary keepsake photo and map.
- The services of a professional Travel Director throughout your journey.
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of your guided trip
- Banff: Spend a relaxing three nights in this famed alpine resort town.
- Banff National Park: Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Columbia Icefield: Ride an Ice Explorer on Athabasca Glacier.
- Icefields Parkway: Motor along this stunning highway.
- Jasper National Park: Join a narrated walk along Maligne Canyon; spend two nights inside the National Park.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a guided walk along the lake.
- Maligne Lake Cruise: See the place famed for the colour of its water, the surrounding peaks and the nearby glacier view.
- Moraine Lake: View this stunning lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks.
- Yoho National Park: View the Natural Bridge, Spiral Tunnels and Emerald Lake.
Travel Best Bets Exclusive!
|May 15,29,June 5,6,12
|Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna||$2559 + $142 tax|
Day 1: Depart home town – Calgary
Fly to Calgary. Transfer to your hotel and get settled in. Your hotel is located in the heart of downtown Calgary. Spend the afternoon relaxing or exploring. Visit the arts district or make use of easy access to public transportation to see all that Calgary has to offer. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. (WR)
Hotel: Westin Calgary or similar
Day 2: Calgary – Icefields Parkway – Columbia Icefields – Jasper (2 nts)
Head north along the stunning Icefields Parkway driving alongside snow-capped peaks, thundering waterfalls and glistening glaciers. Keep an eye out for wildlife including grizzly and black bears, moose, elk and mountain goats. Upon arrival at the Columbia Icefield, board an Ice Explorer for a unique journey onto the massive Athabasca Glacier. Stay tonight in the heart of Jasper National Park. (B)
Hotel: Crimson Hotel or similar
Day 3: Jasper Free Time & Sightseeing
Start the day with a morning at leisure, enjoying the superb vistas, strolling Jasper’s quaint streets, or, if you like, take an optional float trip down the Athabasca River before an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Rockies. Learn about the underground river system while following the canyon’s trail past waterfalls and jagged rock formations. Later this afternoon, cruise Maligne Lake, followed by a rustic dinner along the lake. Learn about Rocky Mountain wildlife at an interactive, after-dinner presentation by a Local Expert. (B,D)
Day 4: Jasper – Yoho -Emerlad Lake – Banff (3 nts)
Head south and cross the Continental Divide as you set out for Yoho National Park with its towering waterfalls, spectacular scenery and natural bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. See Emerald Lake, sparkling with the blue-green hue of a precious jewel. Ice-blue glaciers, pounding waterfalls and surging rivers abound on the way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff National Park. Your day ends with a Highlight Dinner in the quintessential alpine village of Banff. (B,D)
Hotel: Banff Park Lodge or similar
Day 5: Lake Loiuse – Moraine Lake – Banff Free Time
Visit postcard-perfect Lake Louise and take a narrated stroll along the lakeshore to learn about the geology and history of the area. Continue on to stunning Moraine Lake, nestled in the dramatic Valley of the Ten Peaks. Spend the rest of the day as you like—perhaps ride on the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain to experience a bird’s-eye view of six mountain ranges or a river float trip down the Bow River. The evening is yours to enjoy. (B)
Day 6: Banff Free Time
Today is yours to explore as you please. Browse the shops along Banff Avenue, take a hike and enjoy your spectacular setting or be wowed by aerial views of the Rockies with an optional scenic helicopter flight over Mount Assiniboine. Your Travel Director will be happy to assist you in planning your day. This evening, join your newfound friends at a festive Farewell Dinner and learn about the history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police during a “Meet a Mountie” Local Expert presentation. (B,D)
Day 7: Banff – Calgary
This morning, descend from the Canadian Rockies. Upon arrival in Calgary, a complimentary transfer is provided to Calgary International Airport (B)
Call for details: 1-877-523-7823REQUEST A QUOTE